STRUCTURAL MACROSYNTHETIC FIBER REINFORCEMENT
BarChip54, developed in Japan by the way of combining the recent Technologies in the copolymer technology and design engineering and production techniques, offers a unique use, durability and performance of use among the other fiber reinforcements. It is used in concrete implementations with 30MPa and higher strength and resistance.
BarChip 54 Macrosynthetic Fiber Reinforcement has CE Certificate and is in conformity with the European Standards EN- 14889 and ASTM - C1116.
Click for EPC Turkey’s Official Web Site.
Click for EPC Global’s Official Web Site.
- Higher flexural toughness and young’s modulus procure the highest performance among the fiber reinforcements (according to BS EN 14889-2 Standard, the flexural toughness is recommended to be >500 MPa).
- As the BarChip Macrosynthetic Fiber Reinforcements are applied in a mixture with the concrete, no workmanship cost arises.
- It has the advantage of lower dose of energy absorption performance (joule) and provides lower cost advantages compared to its competitors.
- It has flexural toughness equivalent to the steel.
- It does not suffer corrosion due to its synthetic structure.
- It is proven by tests that BarChip fibers do not lose their resistance in alkali environments for 10 years.
- It lessens abrasion in pumps and hoses
- It speeds up the shotcrete production at the rate of 20-25%
- Its rebound rate decreases down to 5% in the concretes sprayed with BarChip fibers.
- It has long term durability compared to the steel reinforcements and steel fibers (Whereas the BarChip Synthetic Fiber loses energy absorption of 0.2% after one year, this rate is determined as average 45% in the steel fibers). (Please see Long Term Strength Test).
- Melting point of our product is 165°C; so it prevents concrete bursts by forming a porous structure in the concrete due to its fibers melting during the fire (See Fire Strength Test)
- It provides logistics and implementation convenience thanks to insulated packaging and 3-5 kg packed forms.
Fields of Use
- Primary lining (shotcrete) and secondary (final) lining in the tunnel projects.
- Mining galleries and ground support, tunnel face-passage and inclined shaft concretes
- Hydroelectric power plants and dam projects
- Slope and portal stabilization concretes
- Energy Absorption Test in Flexure
BarChip -ITU- Efnarc Plate Test Reporting
Flexure Energy Absorption
Long Term Strength Test
Developed Alkalinity Test
Fire Strength Test
Certificates and Documents
BarChip 54 CE Certificate
BarChip 54 MSDS Report
BarChip 54 - 3.5 kg Energy Absorption Certificate